Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dev's Exciting Week!

This week Dev got a great opportunity to work with the hotstick crew out of Flagstaff. They were working on the 230 kv structures, which are around 75 ft. tall, replacing poles and arms. The drive in was almost six hours so they had to be flown in and out by helicopter everyday. He took some really cool pictures and got some neat video. Deagan and I went to pick him up at the airport a few times and he thought it was so cool to see Daddy get out of the big "hepitoter." Dev has been getting to do some really cool things over here in Cottonwood. He loves his job and works so hard. I am so proud of him.

The helicopter coming in for a landing and taking off with a load of guys.
Some views from the air.

Pecks Lake and the Verde River with Kasner Mountain in the background.

Here are the guys replacing the top two arms.


Dev took this picture from the boom truck. It shows how high they have to be to change the arms.

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing!! I can't believe that you know all of that lineman lingo so well!! Ha ha! Maybe it's because that is all we hear when Greg and Dev are together? I am just going to start referring people over to your blog because you are on top of getting the helicopter job up already. I hope that you are having a great day and tell Deagy that "Kee-la" says hi. Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cayla...
    Umm no, lineman lingo is foreign to me, Dev told me what to say. Haha. Thanks anyway though. I should know what it all means by now. He is constantly telling me about it all. I will tell Deagan you said hi. Tell the boys hello for us too. How is Tanner's head?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Danielle,
    I'm so excited to find your blog - and I am even more excited that you are moving here to Camp Verde. We need to have a playdate some time. BTW, Lillie LOVED her book from Deags. Did you get our card?

    ReplyDelete