Wednesday, April 15, 2009

.three WONDERFUL years.


Three years ago today I married my best friend. These three years have been the hardest and best years of my life. I cannot believe how quickly it has gone. We have done and accomplished a lot in these three, short years. We have moved five times, had two kids, bought a car, bought a dog, bought a house, Dev became an apprentice, bought a truck and I am sure there are more that I am forgetting but anyway. There are still a lot of things we want to get done. The most important one being our Sealing in the Temple. I am ashamed to say it hasn't happened yet.

The first year of our marriage was probably the hardest. Especially for Dev, he had school all day and work all night. We really didn't see much of each other. And I was a brand new mom. We made it through though and look where it has gotten us! He has a fantastic job that he LOVES and I am so glad he does. He works hard so that I don't have too, and I will forever be appreciative for that. I love being home with our boys, and doing the things that mothers and wives do.

We never forget to thank our Heavenly Father for all he has blessed us with. It amazes me everyday how far we have come. We have two amazing little boys, we all have our health, Dev has a good job, which is especially important during these hard times. We have a roof over our head, food in our bellies and clothes on our back. I am so grateful. I love our sweet, little family and for every second we get to spend together.

It all started out as a little crush in Jr. High... now look where we are.

I love you so much Dev, and I am so grateful for all that you do. You are an amazing husband and father. Happy Anniversary babe. I am looking forward to many many more years with you!

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it AWESOME! It is so nice to be married to your best friend. Although we were the 2 that got married in high school, look how great it has been for us. I was just telling Koby the other day...I remember Tyler making bets that we wouldn't make it 2 months. With our "rocky" start who knew? But look at us now! You have loved Devin FOREVER!!! SO CUTE!!!
    And it took us forever to get to the temple too, but Danielle, it is so worth it...once we were ready(although it took 2 and a 1/2 years) it was amazing. I can not explain to you how amazing it is to kneel down at the alter across the person you love forever. And then when they brought our girls in we just lost it! There is nothing better than to know that you have your family forever. I didn't even realize what a heavy burden I carried until then!! Im sure you understand!! When you guys do go, we would love to be there! It was really nice to be able to see you guys. I have always wanted to be your friend, and I hope we can become closer. Its nice to have a friend MY AGE with 2 kids also!! haha!! Have a great day, and do something fun!! And Tatum wont stop talking about coloring eggs with Deagan. She saw his picture on here and freaked out! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahh..that is so sweet Danielle. You two are so perfect for each other and do have an adorable family. Deagy is so full of spunk and Treyden is getting so dang chunky. I love it. I love that you let me munch on him. I am so grateful that you moved here. You are such an amazing friend and I love ya tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok your boys are just too cute! And you and Dev really have accomplished SO much... you should be proud of yourselves! And I sure am looking forward to you guys going through the Temple. We LOVE you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW,I am sitting here at my desk about in tears!!! I am so happy for you guys! I always knew you would work out. Going through the temple is the most amazing thing in the world. I am so happy for you guys, I know you will love it. You are such a wonderful family and I love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant believe its been 3 years!!!! We all always knew you two would make such a great husband & wife. Maybe this year Grandad can get to seal 2 of his grandkids!!! we are hoping to be able to in September. Happy Anniversary you two love birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe its been 3 years! You have accomplished so much too! Danielle your boys are so handsome. You and Devin did well! You should be so proud of yourself. Someday when we have kids, I'll need your advise. I wish we would have stayed closer throughout the years. I know when we were good friends we didnt always have the best influence. and I didn't help. I am so grateful that you are doing so good! The lord loves you and your family. I look up to you in so many ways. I hope you continue to be blessed. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete