Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Day In Pictures...

The day for Deagan and I usually starts about 7:30. He wakes up EVERY morning asking for pancakes or apple jacks. We eat breakfast together and get our daily dose of morning cartoons in... this morning he wanted to watch "Boo's Coos"(Blue's Clues). He has been a big fan of that one lately.

After we had breakfast, I got a little housework done and was getting ready to get Deagan dressed... he had other plans... he managed to pull my makeup case off the counter and decided he needed a little mascara, here is his handy work...

So, this morning he got a bath. I usually give him one right before bed but he loves baths so he didn't mind one bit, just as long as he has plenty of trucks to play with he is fine and content. He would stay in there all day if I would let him.


After we got him dressed he brushed his teeth. This is probably his favorite part of our morning routine. He feels like such a big boy when he brushes his teeth. I hope he will always enjoy brushing them... not likely though.


Then it's outside for the rest of the morning... him and Zoe have so much fun outside. The weather has been wonderful lately so it has been nice to just turn them lose instead of keeping them inside all day. Deagan loves to be outside... and I love to let him play outside. He plays hard, gets tired and takes good naps :)

Lunchtime! Yummy "cheese" and "appy juice" at his request...


And for MY favorite time of day... naptime! My time to really get some work done. Haha. This used to happen several times a day, then we were down to two, now we are down to one and it keeps getting shorter and shorter as the months pass by.

After about an hour and a half long nap he is up and going again! By the time Daddy got home we managed to spill one box of Kix cereal, sit in the corner for two minutes, watch the entire Cars movie, put together four puzzles and walk to check the mail.

Then Daddy is home :) Deagan always gets so excited when he hears the doorbell ring... he rushes to the door yelling, "Daddy's home, Daddy's home!"

When Dev gets home Deagan is pretty attached to him for the rest of the night... they wrestled and played a little Guitar Hero and then it was dinner time. After dinner we just spent time together as a family... 3 Gogurts and 1 more bath later, he's out! In the morning we will wake up and do it all over again!


I cherish all the time I get to spend with Deagan, I know someday it will be cut short and I am glad I will have these wonderful memories to look back on. I love to watch him grow and learn new things everyday... it is amazing. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. I love my boys very much.

4 comments:

  1. how cute. he's the CUTEST funniest little boy ever. how about he comes and spends a day with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too cute! Hes such a good little boy and I love the mascara picture! You sure do have a cute little family! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post Danielle. Deagan is so freaking cute! How is everything? You guys look great and we are glad to see you are doing so well! see ya
    teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im flattered that you stole an idea from me! Yes we do need to get them together. They would probably have a blast. And by the way I LOVE YOUR HAIR. I just do. Tell Devin hi for us. see ya :)

    ReplyDelete