My mom and little brother followed us home the Sunday after Christmas to spend some time with us during their Christmas break. They stayed til Wednesday and it was soooo nice having them here. My mom helped a ton. We were able to get the boy’s room all painted, we got the crib set up, baby clothes washed and put away, and all the other fun baby stuff out of the garage and set up. It is finally starting to look like there is a baby coming around here! It is a huge weight lifted off my shoulders to have all of that done, I have been sitting around thinking about it for weeks but haven’t done anything! So, thanks you guys… I wish I could have been a little more help though. Here is a pic. of our fancy painting job...

Pretty good for a couple of girls who didn't know what they were doing! My mom did most of it, thanks mom! Oh and Braz had a hand in it too, thanks little brother. Deagy loves his new room.

This is just a pic of the cute crib bedding we got, not a very good pic but oh well, you get the idea.
We still have some work to do in their room, we need to get Deagan his new bed and I have some stuff to put on the walls. I also ordered a super cute vinyl sticker to go on their wall, but it hasn't come yet so once we get all that done I will post more pictures... It will look so cute once it all comes together, I am just happy to have this much done.
The rest of the week Dev and I were busy getting the house cleaned, laundry done and unpacking everything from the week before. Friday was Melissa’s birthday so she, Mike, Dane, Riley and her boyfriend Tyrell came to our house. Melissa really wanted to eat at Nic’s (the best place ever to eat) over in Cottonwood for her birthday dinner so it was nice being able to spend some time with them. It was the first time they had been to our house since we moved, so it was much overdue! Dev and Mike spent the weekend making plans for our big landscaping job hopefully happening this year! One of our many goals for this year... it will be so nice to have a backyard with grass for Deagan to run wild in this summer. There is a lot of work to be done so we will see.
Monday after all our company left I decided it would be the perfect time to get Deagan potty trained. Things have been so crazy, and we haven’t really been home so I have been putting it off for way too long. He is doing so awesome. I knew he would, he is so smart and super fast at picking things up. He hasn't worn a diaper all week. We are so proud of him. So, hopefully we can get a couple weeks of not having to change any diapers in! Haha.
The pregnancy is going really well, I have one more two week appointment left and I start going every week. We are getting a little nervous as we approach the 35 week mark though. That is when little Deagy decided to make his appearance, we are hoping and praying that this little guy decides to stay in longer though. We were so fortunate that Deagan was as healthy as he was. He didn’t have any problems whatsoever, he was just so tiny. It was still scary though... and it would be nice if I could deliver here and not have to rush to the valley again! We are doing a good job of setting things up the same as they were last time though. Deagan was born the day we had planned on having my baby shower, exactly seven minutes after it was supposed to be starting... so when is my baby shower this time? The 17th… So I will be how far along?? 35 weeks! Let’s hope I make it to this one! We didn’t really plan on it workin’ out like that, it just kind of did. Haha.
So, we are just busy getting things ready for our new baby boy… and preparing Deagan for the big changes headed our way. He has already made it clear that all of the baby’s stuff is his and there are few things that he is willing to share. It should be interesting to see how he really acts when his little brother gets here. He is so awesome around babys though I think he will do fine. I know he is going to be a good big brother and I can’t wait to see the two of them together. Deagan has big plans in store for the two of them… they are going to ride four-wheelers, ride bikes really fast through the muddy water and play play-doh. I have a feeling Dev and I are going to have our hands full with the two of them!
Their room is so cute! Mom's are great aren't they? Hopefully you make it to your baby shower this time. Those things help a ton!
ReplyDeleteWow.. how cute is that baby room!!! you did a great job. maybe you can come do mine next... hehe. we seriously havent started getting anything ready yet & im kinda dreading getting started. Anyway hopefully ill be able to make it up for your shower next weekend!
ReplyDelete