Now I know every little boy loves trucks, but I am pretty convinced that no boy loves trucks as much as Deagan. He is a little obsessed... well a lot obsessed. He loves ANYTHING that has wheels and will drive anything with a steering wheel, and that you will let him of course :) Even if it doesn't move, he will sit there for hours just turning the wheel. He has been this way for as long as I can remember. He will entertain himself for hours if he has a car that he can push around. He lines them all up in straight lines and then runs them over with his Monster Trucks... He is super smart too, he doesn't forget anything... he remembers what car everyone drives. He points out EVERY Duramax (Dev's truck), EVERY Pontiac (My car), EVERY Yukon (Melissa's car), EVERY Dodge (Mike's truck), and EVERY Sequoia (Grandma Sherry's car) that we pass, and he gets so excited when he sees one. If you have a flat tire, he can point that out to you, and help you fix it as well. The littlest things make him happy... a short drive around the block, sitting in the car turning the steering wheel, watching EVERY person that leaves our house drive off, pushing the button on the keys that makes the horn honk, driving through a car wash, seeing a red light turn green, pretty much anything and everything that has to do with cars. His favorite movie is Cars, his favorite song is "Life is a Highway" by Rascall Flatts... you should see the smile on his face when that comes on. Priceless. When he first meets someone usually the first thing he asks them is what kind of car they drive, where their car is or if he can see their keys... Normal? Probably not.
So, when I get frustrated after tripping over cars and trucks all day and I am exhausted from his millions of car questions I get over it because it makes him happy. And when he is happy I am happy.
P.S.
The picture does not do his collection justice...
Hey Danielle! Im not sure if you know me, but I married Paul Johnson from Snowflake. anyways, I just wanted to tell you that you have the cutest family!. You seem like such a fun girl! Congrats on your new baby boy! he is precious. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha, danielle. You made me just wish for a baby boy, but I am so excited for my sweet girl. His little obsession sounds like a lot of fun. You are such a good mommy taking care of those two boys! Deagan is so cute, all the time.
ReplyDeleteI agree that no boy or man for that matter loves trucks more than Deagy boy. He cracks me up all the time and we all love 'Deagy Boy'. Especially Castin. I am so glad that he can have such a good buddy!!
ReplyDeleteyep, this post is sooo true. Right when he walked into my house, he said "where are your truks?" And then I saw him at the store with Melissa and first he asked me my name again, and then said is your car outside?
ReplyDeleteStratton is the same way, he points out every car that is the same as someone we know and if its the same but a different color he will tell us that as well. Our two boys are way too much a like! Oh yeah and if you ever have trouble takin deagan to nursery or sunbeams hide a car in your purse and when you sit him down for his class tell him he can put this car in his pocket if he stays. Yeah that works with stratton, he leaves it in his pocket to, he just always has to have one! Love you
ReplyDelete