Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My first calling

So... I got a calling. My first ever. I am the new nursery teacher. I am very happy with this calling, I love kids... and we have a lot of cuties in our ward so I am excited that I will get to know them all better. So far everyone has been like, "Oooh, that's a hard one, but you'll be great..." Haha. I am not sure what the hard part is yet... I am assuming it is getting their attention and keeping it... I am excited, nervous, scared, relieved... a little bit of everything. I am excited because I will get to teach Deagan and probably even Treyden someday. I am nervous because it is my first calling, I don't know what I am doing and I want to do a good job. I hope that I am able to teach these kids, and that I will be able to do it in a way that they understand. I am so scared of messing up! But, I am relieved that they are all really young and they wont know if I do! Haha. It will definitely be a learning experience for all of us... especially me! I know that I would never be given something I couldn't handle, and I am sure I will be fine... any tips would be greatly appreciated though :)

10 comments:

  1. That is my favorite calling and i've had LOTS of callings. Little kids learning the gospel is so awesome. They have such special spirits. You'll hear the funniest stories. I don't think there is a hard part it's GREAT!! Enjoy. I have the Sunbeams just one step up and i hope to keep them for lots of years. congrats on getting the best calling ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my first and second calling (two different wards). I loved it cause I got to teach Tatum. But it was hard still, but still so rewarding and still so fun! You will do great like everyone says! I actually have a book that has a bunch of different hand out ideas for little nursery kids, if you ever want to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will do great! those kids are so fun my mom and dad were in the nusurey i loved going in and helping! those kids will love you, bring bubbles they love them haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun! That would be a good calling, and fun to have your own kid in there. And I bet those kids will love you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how exciting!!! You will do a great job. :) My callings have only been in Primary and as a young womens advisor so I am inexperienced as well! I am sure you will love it though. Who can resist all of those cute kids anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think they put the parents who have the naughtiest kids in as the teachers :) haha jk! i bet deag is a little ANGEL @ nursery :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Thats Great I Have not had that calling but I have subed for someone and it is fun until you get a kid that kicks you or that spits on you!:) Good Luck It will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are going to do great! All of the little kids are going to love you so much and you will love most of them too ;) Tanner is going to want all of your attention. He is going to get jealous. I already know it! Any help that you need just ask and I will do whatever I can to help you out. Thanks again for helping me out last night so that I could hit. I am definitely paying for it today..SO sore! Talk to ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Danielle! And also thank you for the wedding gift! We just received it in the mail last night... You are so sweet!! :) A new calling as nursery leader eh?! I think that'll be such a fun calling! And you will be so good at it I'm sure of it! Good luck! :) Tell Mr. Devin hello!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Mom borrowed the book. I will ask her what it is called and let you know. Are you coming up this week for the wedding?

    ReplyDelete