Monday, September 14, 2009

Why is it??

Why is it that whenever the hubby is gone and I am home alone with the kids all kinds of creepy crawly things decide to come into our cozy little home... forcing me to freak out, scream, and eventually kill them?? IT NEVER FAILS! I absolutely hate spiders... or any type of bug for that matter. They creep me out... and this town... where we live is FULL of them. For instance... when we first moved in we had a bit of a cockroach issue because our house had been vacant for so long... we have since gotten it under control (thankfully). Worst two weeks of my life!! We have the bug guy come visit atleast once a month just so we can make sure NOTHING can sneak in... and nothing ever does. Unless I am here with no one to take care of them for me... OF COURSE! So, one day while Dev was at work Deagan and I were making lunch in the kitchen when out of the corner of my eye I could see something moving, so I look and it was a SNAKE! Not even kidding. I was freaking out, which freaked him out so I was trying to calm down. Watching this thing slither across my floor I quickly grabbed a broom [it was the only thing I could think of that was long so I didn't have to get too close] and sweeped him out the front door. Screaming the whole time. And Deagan was laughing at me... and then I cried. Haha. It was so scary, not a big snake but still... they don't belong in houses. Not mine anyway. Can you imagine if I didn't see it?? Ugh. Just the thought of it gives me the chills. We still don't know how it got in, but haven't seen another one since [fingers crossed] And there was this other time when Dev was out of town and I found a scorpion on my bedroom floor... that one took me like five minutes to work up the courage to beat him with my flip-flop. But I did it... and screamed the whole time, and Deagan laughed... again. 2 for 2. Go me! Annnd then there is tonight, and what brought on this post.... I had just gotten the boys to bed and I was walking to my room when I spotted the biggest spider I have ever seen [in my house]... it was like a small tarantula. So I am pacing back and forth wondering how I am going to kill this thing... bug spray? no... vaccuum? maybe.... no. Flip-flop? No way, not getting that close... Baseball bat? it's worth a shot... so after about ten minutes sitting there, bat in one hand, dog in the other [as if she was going to protect me or something] I finally smashed him. I probably almost put a hole in the wall but it would have been worth it. Stuff like that is my biggest phobia. I am rather proud of myself though for how much more brave I have become... amazing what being a mother does to you. Haha. My boys are always the first thing that come into mind when something like that happens, the second being the fact that if I don't kill it, it will get away and I will always be wondering where it went... and for sure lose sleep over it. I am just glad that Deagan is the only one to witness how ridiculous I am during all this... no wonder he finds it hilarious... I just hope he forgets it all.

So, now that you all probably think I am crazy I feel much better now... anyone else have some funny stories??

6 comments:

  1. Oh Danielle~ I laughed so hard on this post I had tears. Thats was so funny! But I know how you feel. I HATE spiders. I have a spider bite, a big one, on my leg from when I was younger that will always be there. It indents in and is just gross, and I can't STAND spiders. NOw, I dont like any kind of bugs. I am like you, I totally think of the girls first. Some spiders could kill my babies, and I am NOT ok with that. So once when Tatum was probably 4 or 5 months, there was a spider on the wall. Not HUGE but big enough to make me freak out. I was probably still emotional with post pregnancy stuff, but I still just hate spiders. So I was almost in tears when I saw the spider. I stuck a cup over it. And it was way high up almost on the ceiling so I was standing on the couch. Once I got the cup on it, I didn't know how I was going to reach up and kill it. Luckily I had the phone in my hand and I called Koby and made him come home from work and kill it. How dumb!? I know. But thats how much I hate them! Good luck! Hopefully you have a bug free day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally picture it and it makes me laugh. I can see Deagy's big smile and hear him laughing at you and it makes my day. And it is only 8:20. Thanks for sharing all of that. It is true that that kinda thing will only happen when the hubby is away. And since our husbands are away often we get to deal with all that fun stuff. But just look at how brave you are now. Danielle the creepy stuff killer! I hope that those boys are feeling better and if you need anything I am only a text away. Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sick. I would have made someone come over and kill all those for me. When me, kelli and kate lived together we had a scorpion and we just stood on the kitchen table and screamed while someone went to get our neighbors to kill it.

    Or I was home alone when Marcus and I first got married and we had a cockroach that was serious 4 inches long on ceiling. I called two of my brothers to come over to get it off haha. I just sat there and dry heaved for a good thirty minutes.

    I HATE BUGS, SPIDERS, SNAKES...`

    You are brave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. danielle you are so funny! I totally know what you are talking about though.
    When Bentley was a week old I saw a large bug (not sure what it was) sitting two feet away from bentley's bouncer. I had windex in my hand because of course the only time I could clean is when she is sleeping. So I hurried and sprayed this creepy bug and it jumped so high in the direction of bentley! I finally smashed it with paper but I broke down. I dont know why having creepy crawly things around children is even more scary. I am afraid of it crawling near her face or something to that extent.

    You are a brave mama, I will think of a baseball bat next time :) hope you are doing well danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am sooo afraid of spiders. or any creeping thing for that matter. i have a story for ya. when i was up visiting my in laws in kingman i was going to bed & right when i was about to fall asleep i felt something on my shoulder. i thought it was like a hair tickiling me but when i opened my eyes to get it off it was a huge wolf spider. it was about the size of a silver dollar. than its legs were like freakishly long coming off of it. i jumped up & flicked it off... my heart was pumping soo fast after that. it took me like 2 hours after to fall asleep. i hate spiders even more after that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isnt it amazing how they know when we are home without the hubbies. It doesnt matter if brad is gone all day or just gone at the market to pick something up something seems to come out. He had been home all day and I needed a few things to finish dinner so he went to get them 2 mins after he left 2 spiders are on my kitchen floor... how in the world... i waited for him and as soon as he walked in i screamed at him to kill them and do an entire house check! i have been able to kill a few but there have been times where stratton and i both sit on the couch and make sure it doesnt come near us until someone comes to kill it. I am alright with smaller ones BUT bigger ones I freak out and cant handle.. the other night LUCKILY he was home we had our first and hopefully last scorpion, we were sitting watching a movie for bedtime and all of a sudden brad gets up snatches stratton off the couch and tells me to sit with him and is running around trying to find something (me still not sure what he saw) then he says that a scorpion about an inch and a half was right next to strats hand on the arm rest.... i of course didnt sleep for 2 nights. i couldnt imagine finding a snake holy crap i would freak out and probably call the police station!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete