Monday, November 24, 2008

Dev's Excitement Last Week

Last week was a pretty good week for Dev, his class finally got out of their training yard where they have been cooped up for five and a half weeks. They got to go wreck out a 69 kv line with a 12 kv underbuild for systems. (Yes, Dev told me what to say, I have no clue what any of that means. I just know it is dangerous and I don't want anything to do with it!) They also learned how to climb the high voltage towers... he got some really cool pics, although I think he should have been holding on for dear life instead of snapping photos, but whatever.
Dev working with Catlett on a 65 ft. wood pole... looks pretty high right?! Psh. That's nothing...


Now THAT is high
Dev's apprentice class...
This one was the biggest of the two towers, the 500 kv line. It was 160-170 ft.

Looking straight down the 230 kv Kachina Tower, 120 ft. all the way down...

Look no hands!?
Dev and Todd... what the hell were they thinking?! It's only 160 ft. fall, no biggie.
So, he survived last week, now only two more weeks after this one to go! Woo Hoo! We are ready for this all to be over.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! were you there watching this happen? Yikes! Hey if you come up this weekend will you either leave me a comment or call me at this number? 928-229-0516. My phone still isnt working and I was wondering if you could cut my hair.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just letting you know that we switched our blog address to kobyandkaciepetersonfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete