Since my last post Deagan and I spent a week at home alone and survived. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was actually kind of nice, we sure missed Dev a lot though. It has been hard on Deagan especially not getting to see his daddy all week. Zoe misses him a lot too, he is her best friend. I catch her snuggled up in our closet laying on his shoes all the time, goofy dog. Last week Deagan and I drove up to Snowflake cuz I had a hunt that started Friday. Dev had school Friday morning so he wasn't able to go out with me, so it was just me and Mike! We saw some good bucks but never had an opportunity to shoot. Later that night we took Deagan to their ward Trunk or Treat which he lasted all of about ten minutes at. We spent the whole time inside playing games and by the time we went out to do some trunk or treating he was done... pretty much how every Halloween has gone so far. Hopefully next year he will be more into it. He made the cutest little puppy dog though, I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures, dangit! Maybe I can convince him to dress up in it again and snap some real quick... we'll see, it was hard enough to get him in the first time. So, the rest of the weekend was spend trying to kill me a buck... no luck. Maybe I should have stayed there all week instead of giving up but I just couldn't motivate myself enough. Haha. I really do enjoy hunting, it's not so bad once a year, haha I would much rather sleep in and spend my mornings in a nice warm house but once a year isn't so bad :) No, I like it cuz Dev loves it and I like to be able to do things with him that he loves, it's just not the same when he isn't there. I guess that's why I gave up so easy this year, and cuz I am well... pregnant! I just don't have the energy. Last year doesn't help either... my first hunt ever and I killed on the first morning, so easy. I didn't know you had to spend weeks doing it! It doesn't bother me any that I didn't get anything, Dev on the other hand is heartbroken. Oh well, there is always next time.
Dev headed back down to the valley Sunday night and Deagy and I went home Monday to do some laundry and pay a few bills. We came down to the valley yesterday and picked Dev up from school. Last night we went to Peter Piper for dinner which Deagy loved. He has been askin to go back all morning... Dev and I are going to the Carrie Underwood concert Friday night which I am so excited for. It will be nice to have a little date night with my hubby, it's been awhile. Sweet Aunt Riley offered to babysitt Deagan so that will be nice. As for the rest of the week, I am not sure what our plans are... maybe a little shopping :)
No comments:
Post a Comment