Friday evening Riley called us and asked if she could steal Deagan for the weekend... she had plans for them to go swimming and to go to the zoo. Of course Deagan was excited about the idea of getting to go somewhere and was already packin his bags before we even said yes. Dev and I have felt so bad for him lately. We haven't gone anywhere or done anything since Treyden has been sick so we figured it would be good for him to get out and go have some fun. Dev met Riley in Payson that night and dropped him off. It is always sad to be away from your babies, and I always have a hard time but I know he is having fun and he is being well taken care of. Riley is so good with him and Deagan always has a good time with her. They went to the zoo Saturday, which he loved and have went swimming several times. I don't think I have even talked to him on the phone for more than 30 seconds, crazy kid. So, anyway we were supposed to go and get him today but Dev's parents were down at Riley's and decided they wanted to see a little more of him and are taking him home with them. He will be there until Wednesday. I don't know if I can make it... haha... I am sure he is havin no problem though, and won't even want to come home. It has been so quiet around here, it is crazy how much noise that little boy makes. Noise that usually drives us crazy, but we are finding ourselves missing it. Zoe is depressed, she sleeps in Deagan's room and is wondering where he is. I think Treyden even misses him... It is amazing to me to see the bond the two of them have already formed. Treyden's eyes light up and he starts kickin his tiny legs whenever Deagan talks to him. It is so sweet.
We are takin advantage of this quiet time to get some much needed housework done and to get Treyden better. We took him to the hospital Saturday because he was not getting any better, not any worse but definitely not better. There has been so many sick babies with RSV we thought we better get him looked at one more time just to be safe. They took chest x-rays and listened to his lungs and everything and told us he definitely had bronchitis and that it would just take some time to get over, but we were right to bring him. So, we got more medicine to help him breathe better and came home. He seems to be doing a lot better today, still coughing and congested but better. We are so grateful that he is finally getting better, it breaks my heart to watch our little baby cough so hard he uses his whole body and cry because it hurts so bad. And grateful that he did not get any worse, things can change so quickly when they are this young. So, hopefully he beats this bronchitis soon so we wont have to worry anymore. Until then we are all waiting for our Deagy boy to get home. We miss him so much, but are glad that he is getting the chance to go have some fun and visit everyone. Those of you who know Deagan know that being cooped up inside with mom and a sick baby all day is no good for him. He needs to be outside or busy doing something at all times. He is definitely all boy. He did pretty good for me all week last week though, but I don't know how well another week of it would have gone so I am really glad that he was able to get away for awhile. Hopefully he will start missin' us soon and will want to atleast talk on the phone!
That sounds like no fun having such a little baby be so sick! Jack has the same thing right now and he is having a hard time too but he is 6 months. I can't imagine him being so little with what he has. Hopefully he gets better soon!
ReplyDeleteSick babies are the worst! I can't imagine having one that sick. I hope he gets better soon! And I'm sure Deagy is having a blast. I think it is nice to have time away cause it makes you miss them and realize that the annoying things they do sometimes aren't too bad. =) Love you guys!
ReplyDelete