Sunday, February 17, 2008

A couple of surprises and one good weekend!

On Thursday I decided to go and get my hair TRIMMED since Dev was home and I thought it was a good opportunity. Plus, I needed one so bad. I asked the lady TRIM my hair and fix the layers that had grown out. Everything was going good, people were telling me how good it was going to look when she was done... so of course I was not worried, why would I be? She had done hair for several years, or so she says... I am now questioning this statement. So, she gets done and I look at it and I am horrified... my hair is gone... I literally thought it was a joke... and I am not one to get depressed over my hair, it's only hair... it will grow back but this was so bad... words cannot explain. I wish I would have taken pictures. I went home and put it in a ponytail and it was like that until I got it fixed. I couldn't even look at it. We already had plans to go to the valley for the weekend so I made an appointment with a girl down there. I was hoping she could fix it without losing all my length.

So, we went down Friday night after Dev got home from work. We stayed with Riley which is always so nice. Thanks Riley. When we got there, Dev left to go and get Deagan's birthday present. I have been waiting for three weeks to blog about this! Haha. Isn't it funny how addicting this becomes.

Meet the newest member of our family... ZOE!



Isn't she so sweet? She is so tiny. Deagan loves her so much, he is constantly laughing at her. She loves him too, they make quite a pair. She is always trying to cuddle with him and following him around. He is pretty good with her, but I don't think he realized how tiny and fragile she is. She is very good with him though. She is very calm for a puppy and so sweet. She is 8 weeks old and only about a pound in a half. She will get up to five pounds, but she was the runt of the litter and they dont think she will get very big at all.


Deagan and Zoe taking a nap.
My New Look...

So, Saturday was my appointment and I was so scared because I knew the only way to fix it would be to cut it off. She did a really good job though. I have been trying to find the positive in all this. I have always wanted to cut my hair short but have never really had the guts... and there is no way I could have ever convinced Devin to let me cut it like this. So maybe its not a tradgedy after all.


I am still kind of in shock and it still makes me sad when I see pictures of my long hair. But I do like it and I think it would have taken something like this to happen in order for me to ever cut my hair this short. Deagan is still a little unsure of it though, he loves playing with my hair, especially when he is tired... he is a little confused now when he goes to play with it. Things could have been a lot worse, and worse things do happen to people... its just hair it will grow back :)

Last night we went over to our friend Crysta Willis' house for a visit. It had been so long since we had seen her and we wanted to see her new house... she has been it for a year, but to us it is still new, we hadn't seen it yet. All of her family was down because he little brother had high school rodeo down there. It was so nice to see them all and catch up on things. We left way too late though, we were exhausted when we got home. It was a good weekend though. Thanks again Riley for letting us stay with you :)

6 comments:

  1. Zoe is so cute! i want a dog so bad but we dont have a backyard yet so i have to wait until we move someday... And holy cow i love your hair. You look so pretty!! it makes me want to cut all mine off but i dont trust anyone i know to cut it.. where did you go to get yours done? im seriously thinking about cutting mine off now that i see how cute yours is.. oh and next time you guys are in the valley you need to give us a call so we can get together & have dinner or something.. Love ya guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Im your stalker. Actually this is my first time on your blog, but I thought any friend or realative of Amy, Amanda, Jessica and Melanie, I gotta check your blog out. LOVE your hair, puppie, song selection and you have an adorable family.
    Just so you know Im a safe stalker, my parents are Paul and Sharlene Hatch which are best friends with Merlin and Sherri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new hair cut, but of course you could shave yours all off and still be beautiful!! Only you could turn a screwed up hair cut in to that!!

    Can't wait to meet the new member of your family. What a cute little puppy. Hope you're all doing well and the purchase of your new home is on track. See you guys soon - Love, Tenney's

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY like the hair cut! You are one hot mama! For reals... it is so cute! And that is so cool you guys got a puppy, I bet Deagen is loving it... Zoe is SO CUTE! You guys need to come out our way next time your in the valley! We're only about 30 minutes away from Riley's. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry we missed you last weekend, we would have loved to see you guys. Love the puppy and the haircut! Both are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the hair! i just wacked mine recently and i am loving it. so much easier to fix!!!!

    ReplyDelete