Monday, February 4, 2008

Happenings From Last Week...

Last week was a pretty exciting week for us. As many of you know Deagan sleeps with Devin and I... which is my fault... I admit. I have learned my lesson though and WILL NOT allow the next baby to sleep with us :) It was sweet for awhile, but Deagan has grown up and is now taking up the entire bed! Well... not anymore, as of last week he now sleeps in his own bed. Yay! He had a hard time with it at first... so did i... i hate hearing him cry and just having to ignore him, but I know it is the best thing for him and the only way he will ever learn. Dev had to work out of town for a few days so I thought that it would be the perfect opportunity to try it out... Deagan could scream all night and Dev wouldn't lose any sleep. So when the first afternoon nap rolled around I put him in his bed and after about and hour and ten minutes of screaming... SUCCESS! He slept so good too, wore himself out from all the crying. He has been doing much better though... the crying doesnt last quite as long.... ha... we are hoping if we can make it through this week we will be home free! We will see how it goes.

Moving on to what Dev thinks is the most exciting thing that occured last week is our purchase of a Wii. I went to Wal-Mart to do some quick grocery shopping and I just happened to go back to electronics and see that there were three Wiis... after sitting and staring at them for about five minutes trying to decide whether or not to get one I left... got my groceries and went home... I kept on thinking about it so I called Dev and told him and he told me to get back there and get one... so I hurried back to the store, worried that they would be all gone... this was probably fifteen minutes after I had seen them the first time... I raced back to electronics, Deagan thought I was crazy... luckily there was still one left, Dev would have been pretty upset if I came home without one. So, guess what he has been doing all week... haha... it is pretty entertaining to watch him play, Deagan finds it funny as well.


Dev playing baseball...


Deagan thought he was pretty cool when Dev let him try out the Wii... he just laughed everytime he swung the remote.

So... Dev and I have been wanting to buy a house over in Camp Verde which is about 15 mins away from Cottonwood. We've been looking for awhile now and we finally found one we really like... we put in an offer, and on Thursday we found out that the owner actually accepted our offer... so if all goes well we should have a new home pretty soon! We are super excited to have our first home. I know we will make many great memories there... and Greg and Cayla are just around the corner... walking distance! Woo hoo! That makes it that much better. We have went to church with Greg and Cayla and there are a lot of young couples in their ward and in their subdivision so we are excited about that! Hopefully we can make some more friends... Here are a few pics I took from the website...


Here is the front of the house... obviously... The front landscaping is done, but we have to the back ourselves which we would prefer anyway... ha... Dev is so excited to start that project...


And my favorite part... the kitchen! Love it! I am hoping having this big kitchen will inspire me to cook up some mad meals!

I will take some better pictures next time we are there... I am so excited to paint and decorate... Dev thinks I am crazy because I am already thinking of paint colors... maybe I am getting a little carried away, we still have awhile, and something could go wrong between then and now... it is still exciting though, I can't help it!

Friday afternoon Dev's parents and little brother Dane came to visit for the weekend. It was nice to see them, but we keep waiting for the time when they are going to bring Josh with them... we have been here four months now and he is the only one who hasn't been to visit! What is the problem?! Just kiddin... Anyway we took them to Camp Verde and showed them the new house... I think they were impressed... Melissa and I did a little antiquing and then we went home... later that afternoon Riley showed up and she, Mike, Melissa, Dev and I went to dinner while Dane stayed home and watched Deagan. He is such a good babysitter, we got home and Deagan was in his pjs and slippers ready for bed. Thank you so much Dane. We owe ya one! It was nice to have them come and visit again, Deagan loves the company but hates to see everyone go... come back anytime!

4 comments:

  1. Your house is sooo CUTE!!! i love the kitchen. i cant wait to see all the pics when you move in & get to decorate it all cute. you must be so excited. We will for sure need to have a girls craft weekend there....
    congrats again on getting it!!! love ya guys..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the house you bid on. How exciting for you guys.! I cant wait to see it and to come visit you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting Deagan to sleep in his own bed... I bet that was really rough. I had to let Madden cry it out for about a week but he would only cry for about 20-30 minutes and I hated that!
    I LOVE the house! I bet you are so excited!
    I hope all goes well with keeping Deagy in his own bed and getting the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pretty sure you guys will live right behind us! Danielle be ready for mad wii contests! Our Ward is cool you guys will like it here. Your son looks like he is a happy little boy. Does he tell you he's handsom yet? Hope to see you guys soon. Kendall Molli Brennan Bynlee Bryant

    ReplyDelete